ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – St. Louis County Police are investigating an officer-involved shooting in Bel-Ridge.
It happened around 3 p.m. Monday in the 3400 block of Elmhurst.
Authorities tell KMOX that one person was shot by police after displaying a hand gun. The victim’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The circumstances surrounding the incident are still not known.
No police officers were injured.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- County Police Ask Public’s Help Identifying Bag That Held Infant Remains
- Trip to Disney World Before St. Louis Family Hospitalized by Stolen Car Crash
- Prowler Spotted Outside Homes In Wildwood Neighborhood
- Police to Use DNA to Identify Man Found Encased in Concrete
- Rare Triple Murder in North St. Louis County
- Audit: Ferguson Courts ‘In Disarray’ After Police Killing