WASHINGTON (KMOX) – Despite the secondhand treatment of the Veterans Affairs committees in Congress, Missouri’s Republican Senator says the blame for problems in the VA health system lie squarely with the Obama Administration.
Roy Blunt says all government agencies would run better, if the President were focused on doing his job instead of Congress’.
“If they were more interested in fulfilling the requirements of the law and the responsibility we have to, in this case, veterans, rather than making all kinds of rules and regulations in areas they don’t have any legislative authority to act in, the government would be run better,” Blunt says.
Blunt says the oversight has not been there on the Democratically-controlled Senate-side.
The House and Senate VA committees are among the least attractive committee assignments.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Missouri House Passes Bill to Protect Airbnb, Other Rentals
- Larry Rice Asks Gov. Greitens for Help with Homeless
- St. Louis’ City Minimum Wage May Rise as Early as Next Week
- Audit: Ferguson Courts ‘In Disarray’ After Police Killing
- Judge W. Brent Powell Appointed to Missouri Supreme Court
- Mo. Supreme Court Declines to Hear St. Louis Minimum Wage Case