UPDATE: Woman Survives Fall from Moving Amtrak Train
IRONTON, Mo. (AP) – An Amtrak passenger who climbed out or fell from a moving train was found in a wooded area of southeast Missouri with a broken leg.
Iron County Sheriff Roger Medley says the unidentified woman was reported missing Saturday night on the Texas Eagle train from Chicago to San Antonio. Some local youths found her sitting on the tracks Sunday morning near Annapolis, Missouri.
The woman, whom Medley said was likely in her 80s and appeared disoriented, was flown by helicopter to a St. Louis area hospital.
Medley said the train was traveling at least 50 miles per hour in the area where the woman is believed to have disembarked. He said Amtrak workers realized she was missing when they found an open window on an emergency exit door.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missing Rolla Girls May Be Heading Towards St. Louis
- Union Lawsuit Seek Full Pay Despite No Illinois Budget
- Rex Sinquefield Donates $1 Mill to Attorney Bev Randles
- Clinton to Speak at La Raza Conference in Kansas City
- Papa John’s Driver Receives a $1,000 Tip
- Without a Budget, Providers Prepare, Officials Go to Court