IRONTON, Mo. (AP) – An Amtrak passenger who climbed out or fell from a moving train was found in a wooded area of southeast Missouri with a broken leg.
Iron County Sheriff Roger Medley says the unidentified woman was reported missing Saturday night on the Texas Eagle train from Chicago to San Antonio. Some local youths found her sitting on the tracks Sunday morning near Annapolis, Missouri.
The woman, whom Medley said was likely in her 80s and appeared disoriented, was flown by helicopter to a St. Louis area hospital.
Medley said the train was traveling at least 50 miles per hour in the area where the woman is believed to have disembarked. He said Amtrak workers realized she was missing when they found an open window on an emergency exit door.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Drones And The Internet Of Things
- Participants ‘Polar Plunge’ to Raise Money for Special Olympics
- Missouri Lieutenant Governor Office Renovations Top $50,000
- Dems Invite Immigrants to Trump’s First Address to Congress
- Measure Allowing Travelers to Drink at Airport Gates Moves Forward
- Greitens Appoints 2 Former Senators to Tax Committee