35 Illegal Immigrants Arrested in Month-Long Operation
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Nearly three dozen illegal immigrants are waking up in federal custody in St. Louis this morning after being arrested as part of a month-long operation in six Midwestern states.
Immigration officials say 26 of those arrested here are convicted criminals, five are immigration fugitives and five had previously been deported.
All but one are men.
Most of the the 35 are from Mexico, but others are from Guatemala, Nigeria, Italy, Cuba, Brazil, Bosnia-Herzegovina, El Salvador and Algeria.
Among them is a 54-year-old Brazilian national who had been convicted of sexual abuse and was arrested in St. Peters.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Ferguson Officer Admits Calling Memorial “A Piece of Trash”
- Silent Protest March in St. Louis Shuts Down Arch
- Charges Filed in Berkeley QT Arson
- Drive-by Shooting in East St. Louis Leaves One Dead, Two Injured
- O’Fallon, Mo. Police Looking for Bank Robber
- Edwardsville Police Officer Charged as Serial Burglar