ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Nearly three dozen illegal immigrants are waking up in federal custody in St. Louis this morning after being arrested as part of a month-long operation in six Midwestern states.
Immigration officials say 26 of those arrested here are convicted criminals, five are immigration fugitives and five had previously been deported.
All but one are men.
Most of the the 35 are from Mexico, but others are from Guatemala, Nigeria, Italy, Cuba, Brazil, Bosnia-Herzegovina, El Salvador and Algeria.
Among them is a 54-year-old Brazilian national who had been convicted of sexual abuse and was arrested in St. Peters.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Teenage Girl Killed While Sitting Inside Her Car
- Former Doctor Office Manager Sentenced for Embezzlement
- Police Identify Man Found Dead Outside Hospital
- Autopsy Performed on Human Remains Found in Franklin County
- MISSING: 12-Year-Old Last Seen On Way To Bus Stop Wednesday
- 4-Month-Old in St. Louis Died of ‘Chronic Abuse’