Nuns to March after Suing Chicago-Area Strip Club
Get Breaking News First
STONE PARK, Ill. (AP) - Nuns will be hitting the street in suburban Chicago for a march they hope will force a strip club next door to close.
The planned Wednesday afternoon march will start at the Sisters of St. Charles’ convent and end in front of Club Allure in Stone Park.
The nuns sued last week, arguing that the club violates state law that requires a 1,000-foot buffer between adult entertainment facilities and places of worship.
The nuns say the loud music makes it difficult for the sisters to pray. They’re also concerned for their safety living so close to a place where there have been reports of fights and public drunkenness.
The club’s manager says the nuns aren’t being very neighborly and Stone Park’s attorney says the village has acted legally.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Republicans Call for Ebola Travel Ban
- Expert: Autopsy Doesn’t Show If Michael Brown Went For Officer’s Gun
- Local Hospitals Now Have New, Tougher Ebola Care Guidelines
- Spot Will Cost You: Pet Rents Become Apartment Fad
- Four Unsolved Highway Shootings – One Fatal – Have Police on Guard
- County Council Unanimously Passes Resolution to Speed Up Coldwater Creek Cleanup