STONE PARK, Ill. (AP) – Nuns will be hitting the street in suburban Chicago for a march they hope will force a strip club next door to close.
The planned Wednesday afternoon march will start at the Sisters of St. Charles’ convent and end in front of Club Allure in Stone Park.
The nuns sued last week, arguing that the club violates state law that requires a 1,000-foot buffer between adult entertainment facilities and places of worship.
The nuns say the loud music makes it difficult for the sisters to pray. They’re also concerned for their safety living so close to a place where there have been reports of fights and public drunkenness.
The club’s manager says the nuns aren’t being very neighborly and Stone Park’s attorney says the village has acted legally.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Trump Visits Boeing Plant In St. Louis, Talks Up Tax Reform
- Missouri Governor Indicted On Felony Invasion Of Privacy Charge
- Duckworth Will Not ‘Mindlessly Cater To Whims Of Cadet Bone Spurs’
- Incoming Snow, Ice Could Impact Driving Conditions
- Giraffe Born at Kansas City Zoo Weighs 105 Pounds
- Jake Bain’s Success Story To Be Featured At Blues Pride Night