ALTON, Ill. (KMOX) – Officials say a Madison County man who crashed outside the Farm and Home Supply store in Alton Sunday had suffered a heart attack.
The car driven by 61-year-old Joseph Michael Welch Jr. of Godfrey crashed into a tree just after 3 p.m.
Madison County coroner Steve Nonn says Welch had a history of severe cardiac disease.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- WashU Construction Halted ‘Pending Investigation of Incident’
- ACLU Sues City of St. Louis Over Stockley Protest Police Tactics
- Walmart, Target Launch Delivery Services to Compete with Amazon
- Panera CEO Promotes New Kid’s Menu with a Dare
- Rasmussen Poll Shows Mixed Opinions on St. Louis
- Obamacare Repeal Faces Another Repeal Attempt