Coroner: Man Killed in Car Accident Suffered Heart Attack
Get Breaking News First
ALTON, Ill. (KMOX) - Officials say a Madison County man who crashed outside the Farm and Home Supply store in Alton Sunday had suffered a heart attack.
The car driven by 61-year-old Joseph Michael Welch Jr. of Godfrey crashed into a tree just after 3 p.m.
Madison County coroner Steve Nonn says Welch had a history of severe cardiac disease.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Some Want Clarification on EPA’s Call That Bridgeton Athletic Complex Safe for Use
- Increase in Beef Cost Could Stick Around Until Fall 2016
- New Washington University Development Includes Grocery and Diner
- PHOTOS: Police Search for Suspects in Fatal Shooting of Grandmother Caught in Crossfire
- Troy Man Charged in Dispute Over Abused Cat
- Female Passenger Killed After Driver Suffered Medical Problem