ALTON, Ill. (KMOX) – Officials say a Madison County man who crashed outside the Farm and Home Supply store in Alton Sunday had suffered a heart attack.
The car driven by 61-year-old Joseph Michael Welch Jr. of Godfrey crashed into a tree just after 3 p.m.
Madison County coroner Steve Nonn says Welch had a history of severe cardiac disease.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis Jury Finds Woman Guilty of Poisoning Son
- Local Business Owner Pleads Guilty in Tax Evasion
- Police Search for Suspect in North County Fatal Hit-and-Run
- UMSL Faculty Members File Lawsuit Against Board of Curators
- License of Pot-Friendly Illinois Doctor Placed on Probation
- Ameren Illinois Offer Energy Assistance to Low-Income Customers