ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Charges have now been filed in the shooting death of a convenience store clerk Sunday in South St. Louis.
The Circuit Attorney’s Office is charging 36-year-old Antonio Muldrew of the 3800 block of Louisiana with first-degree murder, first-degree assault, first-degree robbery and armed criminal action.
Sunday afternoon, St. Louis police arrived at the store in the 3400 block of Chippewa and found the victim behind the counter with gunshot wounds to his head and chest. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
After investigators reviewed the surveillance video, they noticed Muldrew standing outside of the store, recognized him from the video and arrested him.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- St. Louis Police Release Surveillance Photo of Subway Robbery Suspect
- 2 Police Officers Injured After Suspect Flees
- Ferguson-Florissant Schools Superintendent Arrested
- Carjacking Suspect Charged
- Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘There’s No Way In Hell That I’m Resigning’
- How The Secret Service Investigates Social Media Threats On The President