Charges Filed in Death of Convenience Store Clerk
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Charges have now been filed in the shooting death of a convenience store clerk Sunday in South St. Louis.
The Circuit Attorney’s Office is charging 36-year-old Antonio Muldrew of the 3800 block of Louisiana with first-degree murder, first-degree assault, first-degree robbery and armed criminal action.
Sunday afternoon, St. Louis police arrived at the store in the 3400 block of Chippewa and found the victim behind the counter with gunshot wounds to his head and chest. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
After investigators reviewed the surveillance video, they noticed Muldrew standing outside of the store, recognized him from the video and arrested him.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Man Charged in Dec. 15th Shooting Death
- Off Duty Police Officer Shot
- McCulloch: Witness No. 40 Not Only Witness with Credibility Issues
- UPDATED: Teen Says She Escaped From Kidnapper in Jennings
- Sheriff: Sex Offender Failed to Register New Job as Santa Claus
- Man Charged in Illinois Gun Theft Tied to Ferguson