Downtown I-44 Ready For Rush Hour
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - There’s no need to worry about getting in and out of downtown in the depressed lanes this morning.
They were closed for the weekend while steel supports were put in place over the depressed lanes.
The supports will hold up the new parkland that will cover the depressed lanes and make it easier for pedestrians to get to the Arch.
It’s part of the project to upgrade the area around the Arch.
MoDOT says the road was reopened just before 9 p.m. Sunday and is now ready for the morning rush hour.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Ferguson-Florissant School District Prepares for Delayed Start of Classes With Counseling, Extra Security
- Volunteers a Buffer Between Police, Protestors
- Gov. Nixon: Ferguson is a Test for All Americans
- Ferguson Pledges Outreach Efforts After Shooting
- Police: 93 Percent of People Arrested in Ferguson Not From Ferguson
- Nixon Won’t Seek Removal of County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch