ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – There’s no need to worry about getting in and out of downtown in the depressed lanes this morning.
They were closed for the weekend while steel supports were put in place over the depressed lanes.
The supports will hold up the new parkland that will cover the depressed lanes and make it easier for pedestrians to get to the Arch.
It’s part of the project to upgrade the area around the Arch.
MoDOT says the road was reopened just before 9 p.m. Sunday and is now ready for the morning rush hour.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Court Strikes Down St. Louis Co. Police Standards
- “Tax by the Mile” Alternative Passes Illinois Legislature
- Army Veteran Spearheads Medical Pot Effort
- Illinois Senate Approves $454 Million More for Colleges
- Alderwoman Proposes Bill for Prescription Painkiller Database
- City of STL Makes Finishing Touches to $489M Balanced Budget