Downtown I-44 Ready For Rush Hour
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - There’s no need to worry about getting in and out of downtown in the depressed lanes this morning.
They were closed for the weekend while steel supports were put in place over the depressed lanes.
The supports will hold up the new parkland that will cover the depressed lanes and make it easier for pedestrians to get to the Arch.
It’s part of the project to upgrade the area around the Arch.
MoDOT says the road was reopened just before 9 p.m. Sunday and is now ready for the morning rush hour.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- McCaskill Issues Statement: ‘The Keystone Pipeline – A Commonsense Approach’
- GlobalHack Announces First Million-Dollar Hackathon
- State Auditor Tom Schweich Announces Candidacy for Governor
- Loud ‘No’ from Missouri Senate Concerning New STL Football Stadium
- Federal Trial Postponed in Illinois Needles-in-Meat Case
- Digging for History at Site of Burned-Out Boutique