ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – There’s no need to worry about getting in and out of downtown in the depressed lanes this morning.
They were closed for the weekend while steel supports were put in place over the depressed lanes.
The supports will hold up the new parkland that will cover the depressed lanes and make it easier for pedestrians to get to the Arch.
It’s part of the project to upgrade the area around the Arch.
MoDOT says the road was reopened just before 9 p.m. Sunday and is now ready for the morning rush hour.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- No Charges For Man Who Fatally Shot 13-Year-Old
- Major Case Squad Investigates Woman’s Death In Ferguson
- Man In Chimp Mask Robs O’Fallon MO Gas Station
- Drones Getting Lots of Attention in Stores This Weekend
- St. Louis Police Work With Local FBI to Prevent Terrorist Attacks
- Mizzou Graduate Assistant Allegedly Assaulted Teenager Over Hijab