ST. LOUIS (AP) – Police say a man’s fatal fall from the 10th floor of a St. Louis hotel was accidental.
They identified the man on Monday as 23-year-old William Brown of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Police found Brown dead Saturday night on the second level of an outdoor atrium at the Crowne Plaza Hotel downtown.
Witnesses told police Brown had been drinking and was upset. They say Brown’s friends tried to calm him down before he ran toward a 10th-floor window.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- VIDEO: Newest Food, Features, Attractions at Busch Stadium in 2017
- Stenger Promises to Safeguard Prop P Money
- Endangered Person Advisory Issued for St. Louis County Teen
- Mizzou Interim Chancellor Headed to New York
- Metro-East Home Recently Targeted in Drive-By Catches Fire
- Funeral Arrangements Set for Chuck Berry