Police: Deadly Hotel Fall Was Accidental
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Police say a man’s fatal fall from the 10th floor of a St. Louis hotel was accidental.
They identified the man on Monday as 23-year-old William Brown of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Police found Brown dead Saturday night on the second level of an outdoor atrium at the Crowne Plaza Hotel downtown.
Witnesses told police Brown had been drinking and was upset. They say Brown’s friends tried to calm him down before he ran toward a 10th-floor window.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- “Mayor” of Tent City Dies in Fire
- Gov. Nixon Appoints John Watson as Interim State Auditor
- Teen Certified as Adult for Trial in St. Louis Hammer Death
- Funeral for Missouri Auditor Tom Schweich Set for Tuesday
- Missouri Auditor’s Office Open for Business Following Death
- UPDATED: Schweich Wanted to Discuss Accusations Against Mo. Republican Party Chairman