Police: Deadly Hotel Fall Was Accidental
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Police say a man’s fatal fall from the 10th floor of a St. Louis hotel was accidental.
They identified the man on Monday as 23-year-old William Brown of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Police found Brown dead Saturday night on the second level of an outdoor atrium at the Crowne Plaza Hotel downtown.
Witnesses told police Brown had been drinking and was upset. They say Brown’s friends tried to calm him down before he ran toward a 10th-floor window.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- African-American Politicians Form Fannie Lou Hamer Coalition, Cite Disrespect from Democratic Party
- Judges Seek St. Louis County Court Reforms
- Gov. Nixon Addresses Police Requests for Reimbursement After Ferguson
- Schnucks Issues Recall for Ground Beef
- Expert: Grand Jury is Preliminary, Necessary Check on Police Powers
- Arrest Made in St. Charles Robberies