Police: Deadly Hotel Fall Was Accidental
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Police say a man’s fatal fall from the 10th floor of a St. Louis hotel was accidental.
They identified the man on Monday as 23-year-old William Brown of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Police found Brown dead Saturday night on the second level of an outdoor atrium at the Crowne Plaza Hotel downtown.
Witnesses told police Brown had been drinking and was upset. They say Brown’s friends tried to calm him down before he ran toward a 10th-floor window.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Mo. State Senator: Ferguson is ‘Experiencing PTSD Right Now’
- Some Bands are Saying They’re Done with St. Louis as Rash of Thefts Continues
- St. Louis Police Seek Driver of Car in Fatal Wreck
- Guide to Developments in Ferguson Police Shooting
- Two Rescued from House Fire in North St. Louis
- St. Louis Real Estate Office Celebrates 5th Lottery Jackpot Winner