ST. LOUIS (AP) – Police say a man’s fatal fall from the 10th floor of a St. Louis hotel was accidental.
They identified the man on Monday as 23-year-old William Brown of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Police found Brown dead Saturday night on the second level of an outdoor atrium at the Crowne Plaza Hotel downtown.
Witnesses told police Brown had been drinking and was upset. They say Brown’s friends tried to calm him down before he ran toward a 10th-floor window.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Soccer Stadium Funding Bill on Agenda for Thursday
- School Districts Begin Dealing With Transportation Budget Cuts
- UPDATE: Child With Lighter or Matches Started Fire That Injured 11
- Judge Rules Ameren Missouri Plant Violates Clean Air Act
- 57-Year-Old Man Dies After Being Tased by Police
- Multiple Anit-Trump Protests Planned at Sen. Blunt’s Office Tuesday