Police: Deadly Hotel Fall Was Accidental
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Police say a man’s fatal fall from the 10th floor of a St. Louis hotel was accidental.
They identified the man on Monday as 23-year-old William Brown of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Police found Brown dead Saturday night on the second level of an outdoor atrium at the Crowne Plaza Hotel downtown.
Witnesses told police Brown had been drinking and was upset. They say Brown’s friends tried to calm him down before he ran toward a 10th-floor window.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Gunman on Probation Charged in Sunday’s Shotgun Scare
- Missouri Audit: $376K Spent Flying Commissioners to Meetings
- Ex-CIA Officer Convicted of Leaking Secrets to Reporter
- No Summer Rocks Memorial Day Concert in Downtown St. Louis
- Hot-Spot Policing Underway in Four St. Louis Neighborhoods
- Retired Circuit Judge Urges Caution in Changing Way Bonds Are Set