Police: Deadly Hotel Fall Was Accidental
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Police say a man’s fatal fall from the 10th floor of a St. Louis hotel was accidental.
They identified the man on Monday as 23-year-old William Brown of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Police found Brown dead Saturday night on the second level of an outdoor atrium at the Crowne Plaza Hotel downtown.
Witnesses told police Brown had been drinking and was upset. They say Brown’s friends tried to calm him down before he ran toward a 10th-floor window.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- More School Districts Join Request for a Sunday Grand Jury Announcement
- Mailer Compares Neighbor’s Voting Track Record
- Zombie Apocalypse Teaches Missouri S&T Students
- Rev. Al Sharpton to Arrive in Ferguson for Weekend of Events
- Plane Crashes at Kansas Airport, at Least 4 Dead
- State Road Funding Situation Growing More Dire