ST. LOUIS (AP) – Police say a man’s fatal fall from the 10th floor of a St. Louis hotel was accidental.
They identified the man on Monday as 23-year-old William Brown of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Police found Brown dead Saturday night on the second level of an outdoor atrium at the Crowne Plaza Hotel downtown.
Witnesses told police Brown had been drinking and was upset. They say Brown’s friends tried to calm him down before he ran toward a 10th-floor window.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- What Do Campaigns Know About You? A Lot.
- Hastert Wants Victim’s Suit Over Unpaid Hush Money Tossed
- OSHA: Heat Blamed in Landscaper’s Death in Poplar Bluff
- Monitor Chosen to Oversee Ferguson’s Police, Court Reforms
- Major Water Main Break in Clayton Floods Clayton Road
- Freight Train Derails in Maryland Heights