ST. LOUIS (AP) – Police say a man’s fatal fall from the 10th floor of a St. Louis hotel was accidental.
They identified the man on Monday as 23-year-old William Brown of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Police found Brown dead Saturday night on the second level of an outdoor atrium at the Crowne Plaza Hotel downtown.
Witnesses told police Brown had been drinking and was upset. They say Brown’s friends tried to calm him down before he ran toward a 10th-floor window.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Court Strikes Law Denying Bail to Some Immigrants
- 60 Animals Rescued From Property in Western Missouri
- Cardinals Expected to Sign Dexter Fowler
- Mo. Governor Nixon Warns Against Changing Judge System
- Chris Hrabe’s High School Spotlight: Kelly McLaughlin, St. Joe’s Basketball
- 18-Year-Old Charged in Fatal Shooting of Cab Driver in CWE