Street Closures in Downtown St. Louis Friday and Saturday
To fuel your love of cars,
visit the Autos section.
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Friday and Saturday there will be street closures in Downtown St. Louis for two different events.
Beginning at 10:30 Friday morning, 13th Street will be closed between Washington Avenue and St. Charles Street. St. Charles Street will be closed at 13th. They wont reopen until 11:30 p.m. Friday. ALIVE Magazine will be hosting a Handmade Happy Hour with music and vendors.
The second event is Saturday. The St. Louis Police Department holds a ribbon cutting and parade for the opening of the new police headquarters at 1915 Olive.
Streets along the parade route will be closed on a ‘rolling basis.’
It will start at 9:30 a.m. at Tucker and Clark, travel west on Clark to 14th Street, then north on 14th to Olive and west on Olive to the new police headquarters at 1915 Olive.
Streets will reopen as the parade passes but the streets surrounding the new headquarters will remain closed for the opening ceremony and ribbon cutting.
That will mean Olive will be closed between 18th and 20th, and 18th will be closed between Olive and Locust. Those streets should be reopened by 1 p.m.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Ferguson Giving PR Consultant Second Chance
- Illinois Governor Candidates Disagree on State’s Income Tax Rate
- Roy Mickens Sworn in as East St. Louis Police’s New Assistant Chief
- Illinois Interstate 255 Project Entering Final Stage
- Blunt Makes Stop in St. Louis, Speaks to Officers About Narcotics, Parole Policies
- Search Continues Months Later for Missing Ste. Genevieve Woman