WEST FRANKFORT, Ill. (AP) – Police investigating a theft of clothing from a southern Illinois boutique say they arrested a woman after she posted Facebook pictures of herself wearing the stolen duds.
WSIL-TV reports that 27-year-old Danielle Saxton of West Frankfort is charged with misdemeanor retail theft. She’s free on her own recognizance.[tweet https://twitter.com/WPTV/status/491183758838464512 width=’330′]
Authorities allege that a distinctive leopard-print dress was among the items stolen July 11 from Mortie’s Boutique in West Frankfort.
The store’s co-owner, Kert Williams, says he noticed the missing items and posted about the theft on Facebook. WSIL says that Facebook users who saw Williams’ posting and those of Saxton made the connection and helped police.
Online court records don’t show whether Saxton has an attorney. She does not have a listed home telephone number.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Illinois Man Charged in Fatal Downtown St. Louis Carjacking
- Man Charged in Shooting Death of 8-Month-Old Son
- Suspect in Wash. Ave. Murder Turns Himself In
- Man in Prison for Wife’s Killing Arraigned on Federal Charge
- UPDATED: 2 Children – Blaze Crockett, Ryker Crockett, Found Safe
- California Woman Carjacked on Way to Airport