Asian Carp Cooking Demonstrations Part of Tourney
Get Breaking News First
BATH, Ill. (AP) - Several well-known chefs will be traveling to central Illinois to offer demonstrations on how to cook Asian carp. The invasive fish has infested the Illinois and Mississippi rivers in recent years.
The chefs, including Philippe Parola, will serve up a number of recipes involving Asian carp at the Redneck Fishing Tournament in Bath on August 1 and 2. Parola will be joined by Clint Carter from Carter’s Fish Market in Springfield and other restaurateurs.
Tournament officials say economic development officials plan to promote the idea there’s a sustainable market for the carp in Illinois.
The idea comes as a processing plant is expected to open soon in Grafton near St. Louis. Peoria-area officials are also exploring the feasibility of an Asian carp processing center.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Police Officers’ Wives Collect Food for Ferguson Duty
- Sexual Predator on the Run
- Officer Darren Wilson Due to Testify in 10 Felony Cases
- Family Claims Police Escorted Them Off Plane Because of Child’s Tantrum
- Holder: Ferguson Police Need ‘Wholesale Change’
- Two Deadly Force Resolutions Passed by Ferguson City Council