Asian Carp Cooking Demonstrations Part of Tourney
BATH, Ill. (AP) – Several well-known chefs will be traveling to central Illinois to offer demonstrations on how to cook Asian carp. The invasive fish has infested the Illinois and Mississippi rivers in recent years.
The chefs, including Philippe Parola, will serve up a number of recipes involving Asian carp at the Redneck Fishing Tournament in Bath on August 1 and 2. Parola will be joined by Clint Carter from Carter’s Fish Market in Springfield and other restaurateurs.
Tournament officials say economic development officials plan to promote the idea there’s a sustainable market for the carp in Illinois.
The idea comes as a processing plant is expected to open soon in Grafton near St. Louis. Peoria-area officials are also exploring the feasibility of an Asian carp processing center.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Man’s Ear Bitten Off During Eastern Missouri Dispute
- 10 Killed in Traffic Crashes Over Fourth of July Weekend
- Since Taxicab Commissioners Aren’t Accepting Emails, Uber is Delivering Letters
- Florissant Mayor Pushes Nixon to Call Special Session to Fund Highway Repairs
- More Details on Redevelopment Expected at Crestwood Mall Open House
- Crash in Uninsured Taxicab Fuels More Taxicab Commission Controversy