ST. LOUIS (KMOX/AP) – Missouri has scheduled what could be its eighth execution this year.
The state Supreme Court set Sept. 10 as the execution date for convicted killer Leon Taylor.
Taylor is set to die by lethal injection for killing a suburban Kansas City service station attendant during a 1994 robbery. Authorities say he also tried to kill the victim’s 8-year-old step-daughter, but the gun misfired.
The state has already executed six this year, with a seventh scheduled for August.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Creve Coeur Police Officer Injured in Crash
- St. Louis Man Sentenced to 40 Years in Shooting Death
- South St. Louis County Standoff Ends in Suicide
- Ministers Call Police ‘Domestic Terrorists’ After Galleria Arrests
- St. Louis Officer Interrupts Burglary Inside His Home
- Protesters Held in “Disturbing” Conditions