ST. LOUIS (KMOX/AP) – Missouri has scheduled what could be its eighth execution this year.
The state Supreme Court set Sept. 10 as the execution date for convicted killer Leon Taylor.
Taylor is set to die by lethal injection for killing a suburban Kansas City service station attendant during a 1994 robbery. Authorities say he also tried to kill the victim’s 8-year-old step-daughter, but the gun misfired.
The state has already executed six this year, with a seventh scheduled for August.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Officer Flamion To Receive Wheelchair-Accessible Van
- 2 Shooting Victims in Critical Condition, After 4 Incidents Sunday
- Car Stolen With Child Inside; Police Release Surveillance Photos
- Car Rammed, Driver Shot on I-44 in St. Louis
- Charges Filed In Thursday’s Shooting Of St. Louis County Police Officer
- Arrest Made in Cates Murder Case