ST. LOUIS (KMOX/AP) – Missouri has scheduled what could be its eighth execution this year.
The state Supreme Court set Sept. 10 as the execution date for convicted killer Leon Taylor.
Taylor is set to die by lethal injection for killing a suburban Kansas City service station attendant during a 1994 robbery. Authorities say he also tried to kill the victim’s 8-year-old step-daughter, but the gun misfired.
The state has already executed six this year, with a seventh scheduled for August.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Assault Charges Divide Voters in Montana Special Election
- Cairo Man Get Life in Prison for Bank Robbery, Stabbing
- Man Accused of Impersonating Purple Heart Recipient
- Manhunt Over as Shooting Suspect Captured
- City, County Police Search for Suspect Vehicle in Fatal Shootings
- Woman Dead, Man Critically Hurt After St. Louis Shootings