ST. LOUIS (KMOX/AP) – Missouri has scheduled what could be its eighth execution this year.
The state Supreme Court set Sept. 10 as the execution date for convicted killer Leon Taylor.
Taylor is set to die by lethal injection for killing a suburban Kansas City service station attendant during a 1994 robbery. Authorities say he also tried to kill the victim’s 8-year-old step-daughter, but the gun misfired.
The state has already executed six this year, with a seventh scheduled for August.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Cementland Fire Raises Questions
- Bond Set At $1,000,000 For Suspected Killer Of Cab Driver
- Victim of 1982 Attack That Killed Mom: Wrong Man in Prison
- Man Found Shot To Death In Bridgeton Apartment Complex
- Officer Shot on Duty Calls for More Funding for Police
- Man Convicted of Shooting Officers During Ferguson Protest