St. Clair County Board to Vote on Medical Marijuana Farm
ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – The St. Clair County Board meets tonight to discuss a potential marijuana farm in the county.
It would only be able to be used for medicinal purposes, and two weeks ago, the Zoning Board gave it approval.
Now, it heads before the county board.
The proposed center is called “Nature’s Cure,” and it would grow the plants in an enclosed, locked facility in Marissa, south of Belleville.
If the permit does get through the board, it will also need state approval.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Cabbie Helps Tourists Ripped Off in Forest Park
- Large Explosion Rocks Southeast Missouri Aluminum Plant
- Students Need Doctor’s Approval After a Concussion
- Two Columbia Officers Won’t Face Charges in Fatal Shooting
- Interim Police Chief to Bridge Police, Community Gap
- Police: St. Louis Man Forced Daughters to Assist in Attack