ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – The St. Clair County Board meets tonight to discuss a potential marijuana farm in the county.
It would only be able to be used for medicinal purposes, and two weeks ago, the Zoning Board gave it approval.
Now, it heads before the county board.
The proposed center is called “Nature’s Cure,” and it would grow the plants in an enclosed, locked facility in Marissa, south of Belleville.
If the permit does get through the board, it will also need state approval.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- SEC: Former Monsanto Exec to Get $22.5M as Whistleblower
- Trump Sign Leads to High School Suspension
- 7,000 Flags to be Posted on Art Hill
- St. Charles County Read For A Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- Police: Man Confronted Over Stolen Cheetos Tries to Set Fire
- ‘Mentoring 1-2-3’ aims to address juvenile delinquency in St. Louis