ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – The St. Clair County Board meets tonight to discuss a potential marijuana farm in the county.
It would only be able to be used for medicinal purposes, and two weeks ago, the Zoning Board gave it approval.
Now, it heads before the county board.
The proposed center is called “Nature’s Cure,” and it would grow the plants in an enclosed, locked facility in Marissa, south of Belleville.
If the permit does get through the board, it will also need state approval.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Blues’ Schwartz Out At Least Six Weeks
- Reported Carjacking at St. Peters Mall
- Scottrade Center Financing Lawsuit Dropped
- Second Suspect Charged in Fatal Shooting of St. Louis Man
- Mayor Krewson Blames Guns on Streets for Rise in Homicides
- Top 10 List of EPA’s Worst Superfund Sites Includes West Lake Landfill