ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – A zoning change for a medical marijuana farm received the green light in St. Clair County.
The St. Clair County Board voted in favor of a zoning change that allows for medical marijuana farm “Nature’s Cure” to open in Marissa, just south of Belleville.
Only four board members voted against it, but one was Ed Cockrell, who represents the district where the farm would be.
“I think the people that were most significantly impacted were against it, and there’s still a lot of loose ends at the state level that people don’t realize,” he says.
Cockrell says the landowners are against the plan.
Now, it’s up to the state to issue the permit for the farm. That application process doesn’t open for several weeks.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Post-Dispatch Endorses Antonio French For Mayor
- Kansas City’s Mayor Waiting for Meeting Governor Greitens, Mayor Slay Tells of Different Experience
- UPDATE: Amber Alert From Overland, Mo. Cancelled
- One Shooting Victim Dies, Two Others Hospitalized
- Officer-Involved Shooting On Virginia
- Make Route 66 a Historic Trail ?