ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – A zoning change for a medical marijuana farm received the green light in St. Clair County.
The St. Clair County Board voted in favor of a zoning change that allows for medical marijuana farm “Nature’s Cure” to open in Marissa, just south of Belleville.
Only four board members voted against it, but one was Ed Cockrell, who represents the district where the farm would be.
“I think the people that were most significantly impacted were against it, and there’s still a lot of loose ends at the state level that people don’t realize,” he says.
Cockrell says the landowners are against the plan.
Now, it’s up to the state to issue the permit for the farm. That application process doesn’t open for several weeks.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- State Warns Illinois Residents About Rabid Animals
- St. Louis Fire Dept. Suffers Turnover Due To Lower Salary
- Tractor Trailer Overturns at Veterans Memorial Parkway
- Mehlville School District Mourns Loss of Another Student
- Local Nonprofits Oppose Tax Plan for St. Louis Police
- Police Take Splash City Creep Into Custody