BELLEVILLE, Ill. (KMOX) – Belleville Police are making a big point to thank the public and the press for helping them catch a thief.
Many police departments thank the public and the media but in this case Belleville Police went to Facebook and dedicated several sentences to their thanks for helping catch the Circle-K gas station bandit who robbed the place with plastic wrapped around his face.
In the Facebook post, Belleville Police wrote “detectives would like to thank members of the public specifically those who follow the Belleville Police on Facebook for their assistance in identifying the suspect, and thanks to the media for publishing the surveillance images of the suspect.
Patrick McGuire, 48, of Belleville is held without bond. The robbery occurred at the Circle K Gas Station on South Belt East in Belleville.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- 2 Police Officers Injured After Suspect Flees
- Ferguson-Florissant Schools Superintendent Arrested
- Carjacking Suspect Charged
- Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘There’s No Way In Hell That I’m Resigning’
- How The Secret Service Investigates Social Media Threats On The President
- Officer Mike Flamion’s Shooter in Court