GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) – A man wanted by authorities in Jersey County is in custody, but before police could snap on the cuffs, they had to wait for the suspect to come down out of a tree.
The unidentified man charged in a burglary warrant reportedly crawled out of a hole in the roof of his home when Granite City police arrived to arrest him.
After several hours of trying to coax the man down with water and e-cigarettes, police finally convinced the barefoot man to climb down out of the tree around 4:30 a.m. Thursday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- MetroLink Cracking Down on Those Who Ride in City Without Paying
- CrimeStoppers Increases Reward for Info on Escaped Inmate
- Mizzou Grad Arrested for Driving on Basketball Court
- Family of Slain Chicago Area Uber Driver Sues Walmart
- 14 Arrested on Prostitution Charges
- Man Briefly in St. Louis Co. Police Custody Dies