Police Coax Burglar Down From Tree With Water, E-Cigarettes
GRANITE CITY, Ill. (KMOX) - A man wanted by authorities in Jersey County is in custody, but before police could snap on the cuffs, they had to wait for the suspect to come down out of a tree.
The unidentified man charged in a burglary warrant reportedly crawled out of a hole in the roof of his home when Granite City police arrived to arrest him.
After several hours of trying to coax the man down with water and e-cigarettes, police finally convinced the barefoot man to climb down out of the tree around 4:30 a.m. Thursday.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- City Prosecutor to Move Operations to Police Headquarters for Grand Jury Decision
- Two Dead After St. Louis County Bar Shootings
- No Grand Jury Decision This Weekend
- Springfield Firefighter Arrested for Wielding Gun
- Ex-St. Francois County Firefighter Gets 20 Years For Arson
- Sen. Nasheed Fends Off Would-Be Robber