(KMOX) – U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill released the following statement in response to news surrounding the shooting of Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager, by a Ferguson, Mo. police officer:
“As a mother, I grieve for this child and his family. I pray that the wonderful, hardworking, and God-loving people of Ferguson will find peace and patience as we wait for the results of what will be numerous and thorough investigations of what happened. I, like so many other Missourians, will not be satisfied until we have a complete and transparent understanding of all the facts and circumstances that led to this young man’s death.”
Rioting broke out in Ferguson late Sunday night following a vigil for 18-year old Michael Brown, who was shot dead in the street Saturday afternoon, after police say he shoved an officer and wrestled for his gun.
- Missouri High Court Won’t Hear Ferguson-Related Lawsuit
- Tyron Woodley on Fighting’s Biggest Stage at UFC 205
- Group Working to Help Missouri Parents Address Trauma
- Washington University Presidential Debate: Win, Lose or Draw?
- Ferguson Police Gets Grant to Hire Two New Officers
- Federal Judge Rules Against Ferguson Protesters