ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Some 800 cyclists plan to ride to the Arch grounds later today for a moment of silence.
Jessie Mueller is organizer of the St. Louis Moment of Silence, a peddle from the Rise coffee shop at 4180 Manchester Ave. to the Arch grounds.
“What we’re doing is just taking a moment of silence for Mike Brown and other victims of police brutality,” she says. “We just don’t want their deaths to be swept under the rug.”
She says there will be no speeches.
“We’re just trying to show solidarity as a community and come together in a peaceful way, in a peaceful vigil for our fallen friend,” she says.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Ferguson Police Search for U.S. Bank Robbery Suspect
- Missouri Court Overturns Law Enacted After Ferguson Unrest
- Police Say Man in Ferguson Photo is Apparent Suicide
- Audit: Ferguson Courts ‘In Disarray’ After Police Killing
- Judge Rejects Effort to Reinstall Painting in Capitol
- Municipal Election Results – Highlights