Capt. Ron Johnson: Tonight Was a Very Good Night in Ferguson
FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) - Missouri State Highway Patrol Capt. Ron Johnson started off a 1:15 a.m. Thursday press conference by stating that, “tonight was a very good night in Ferguson.”
Johnson said that compared to Tuesday night’s 47 arrests, only six people were arrested in Ferguson Wednesday night.
Johnson said that today’s change was helped by community policing. During Wednesday night protests, he said, there were no Molotov cocktails, fires or shootings. Around 8 p.m., an officer was hit with a bottle, but he was not hurt.
“Each night I’ve seen a turning point,” Johnson said. “We’ve been taking small steps every night.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Overnight America Podcast: November 26th, 2014 – James Knowles, Jessica Machetta, Niall Stanage
- Twitter-verse Explodes After Announcement of Ferguson Grand Jury Decision
- Police Car Flipped, Burned In Ferguson
- VIDEO: National Guard Supports Law Enforcement At Ferguson Police Station
- Ferguson Protesters Rally Across United States For A Second Day
- DOCUMENTS: Read Grand Jury Witness Testimony