Capt. Ron Johnson: Tonight Was a Very Good Night in Ferguson
FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOX) - Missouri State Highway Patrol Capt. Ron Johnson started off a 1:15 a.m. Thursday press conference by stating that, “tonight was a very good night in Ferguson.”
Johnson said that compared to Tuesday night’s 47 arrests, only six people were arrested in Ferguson Wednesday night.
Johnson said that today’s change was helped by community policing. During Wednesday night protests, he said, there were no Molotov cocktails, fires or shootings. Around 8 p.m., an officer was hit with a bottle, but he was not hurt.
“Each night I’ve seen a turning point,” Johnson said. “We’ve been taking small steps every night.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Tips Sought in Recent Ferguson Murder Case
- New Judge Sits Behind Ferguson Bench
- Urban League’s Save Our Sons Has Some Asking, What About Our Daughters?
- Lt. Gov. Kinder Blames Feds for ‘Incitement of the Mob’ in Ferguson
- Burned-Out Ferguson QuikTrip to Be Transformed Into Job Center
- Attorney: Ferguson Shooting Suspect Did Not Target Police