Major Renovation Poised for Southern Portion of Arch Grounds
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A big step toward the renovation of the Arch grounds is set to begin.
A $13 million contract has been awarded to McCarthy Castle of St. Louis to start work in mid or late September.
“This is significant because this is the first project that will go to construction on the National Park grounds,” says Ryan McClure, spokesman for City Arch River Foundation.
McClure says the work will include replacing the top soil, the Ash trees and other landscape improvements like renovation of the reflecting ponds.
One of the most significant projects will be a new pathway from the Arch to the Riverfront so pedestrians won’t have to take the grand stairs.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Uber Wants Taxi Commission Suit Moved to Federal Court
- McCulloch Warns of Possible Crime Increase, Released Inmates
- Man Shot During Armed Robbery In Ferguson
- Statewide Earthquake Drill Prepares Missourians
- SABMiller Agrees In Principle To Merger With AB InBev
- Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese Settles Claims for $200,000