ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A Ferguson business owner is calling the protestors who descend on his city at night “terrorists” and says Homeland Security should be called in.
The anonymous caller to the Charlie Brennan show, who KMOX confirmed is a Ferguson small business owner, says the daytime protestors are fine, but that changes when the outsiders, including elected officials from outside Ferguson, arrive after dark.
“The unpeaceful protesters come out at night, trying to harm or burn our businesses down or stop the businesses,” the caller said. “And it’s time that our government called this what it is, and this is a terrorist act.”
The business owner says a lot of windows have been broken, fires have been set and trash is left behind.
His business is down up to 40 percent, he said, but the protestors are wasting their time.
“There’s no amount of pressure they can put on us that we’re going to try to influence our government,” regarding the Michael Brown case, the caller said.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Community Empowerment Center Brings New Life to Ferguson
- ‘See, Click, Fix.’ App Helps Connect Citizens to City Hall
- Settlement Amount Released in Michael Brown Case
- Ferguson Making Progress, Justice Department Attorneys Say
- Settlement Reached in Lawsuit Over Michael Brown’s Death
- Michael Brown Movie In The Works At Warner Brothers