ST. LOUIS (AP) – Authorities in St. Louis are blaming a knockout assault for an attack that left a homeless man with a head injury.
The man was assaulted Monday night near the St. Louis Post-Dispatch building at Cole and Tucker. The victim’s name has not been released. He remains hospitalized with what is called a serious head injury.
The Post-Dispatch reports that two men crossed the street and began attacking the victim for no apparent reason. Police say the men punched the victim in the face without provocation, then ran away.
No arrests have been made.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Man Gets Nearly 3 Years In Prison For Stealing Identities
- Pair Sentenced for St. Louis County Sports Betting Business
- Police: Man Stabbed Boyfriend With Hypodermic Needles
- California Couple’s Ordinary Home Held Torture Chamber
- Former TV Reporter, Ferguson Spokesman Faces Meth Charges
- Man Wrapped In Blanket Robs Freeburg Liquor Store