COLLINSVILLE, Ill. (AP) – Police have charged a southwest Illinois man who they say assaulted a 6-year-old boy on a school bus for allegedly bullying his daughter.
Collinsville Maj. Rick Wittenauer said 33-year-old Malvin Crain of Granite City turned himself into police Monday. He was arrested and charged with battery and aggravated assault after police say he got on the bus Monday morning and grabbed the boy by his jacket.
Witnesses tell police that Crain pulled out a belt and threatened to strike the boy if he didn’t stop bullying his daughter.
Police say the bus driver and a monitor ordered him off of the bus and he left without further incident. No injuries were reported.
It’s unclear what school the children attend.
It wasn’t immediately clear if Crain has an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- SIUE Soccer Player Suspended over Fake IDs
- Court to hear LGBT woman’s claim of harassment at senior living facility
- Open Wounds – The Impact of Gun Violence in St. Louis
- Trooper Injured When Car Hit By Alleged Drunk Driver
- Injured Pontoon Beach Police Officer Comes Home
- Mother’s Boyfriend Charged in Two-Year-Old’s Death