Roofer Suffers Severe Burns After Falling Into Tar Kettle

Associated Press

ST. LOUIS (AP) – A man is in an induced coma after falling into hot tar.

Danny Madden, 66, received third-degree burns over 65 percent of his body after he fell off of a roof and into a kettle of hot roofer tar, earlier this month.

Madden and his son are roofers with decades of experience, KSDK-TV reports. Aaron Madden says they were on a job in early August in University City. Danny Madden was on the roof and lost his balance, falling into the kettle of tar.

Aaron Madden and a friend quickly pulled Danny Madden out of the tar, which was nearly 600 degrees.

The family has a GoFundMe page to pay medical expenses. More than $5,000 has been raised as of Wednesday. Relatives say Madden will be hospitalized for months.

(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS St. Louis

Live Inspired
KMOX Podcasts

Listen Live