ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – The city of St. Louis is giving the all-clear after an asbestos cleanup in a neighborhood where an historic mansion burned down last month.

When the Clemens mansion went up in flames on July 12 the asbestos roofing tiles turned to ash and rained down on the surrounding blocks. The city’s Senior Medical Advisor Dr. Thomas Zink says monitors found no asbestos in the air, but the monitors went up a week later. What if you got a lungful the night of the fire?

“Short term exposure to asbestos has never been found to be a situation to be concerned about, in terms of mesothelioma or even lung cancer,” he says.

Zink says the cleanup of asbestos ash that fell on the surrounding blocks was completed on August 2nd.

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS St. Louis

Shop KMOX Apparel
KMOX Podcasts
High School Spotlight

Listen Live