Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- Lawmaker Challenges Birth Control Ruling A Missouri lawmaker is upset because his state-provided group health insurance requires abortion-inducing drugs, sterilization and birth control.
- Mo. Governor Vetoes Bill Requiring Criminal Background Checks For Obamacare Navigators Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon vetoed legislation Monday that would have limited who could work in the state as a health insurance guide and blamed a national conservative group for injecting an error into the model legislation.
- SCOTUS Hobby Lobby Decision Has Ripple Effect on St. Louis Archdiocese The St. Louis Archdiocese has been granted a preliminary injunction so it won't have to provide its employees mandatory birth control coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
- Hospitals See Increase in ER Visits after Obamacare Officials with St. Anthony's Medical Center say they saw record patient volumes in their Emergency Department in March, April and May.
- Illinois Health Campaign Among Nation's Costliest President Barack Obama's home state agreed to spend $33 million in federal money promoting his health care law.
- Lawmakers Await Answers on Processing Center Reports said employees are being paid to do very little work at a suburban St. Louis processing center for President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.
- Financial Impact of Affordable Care Act Hits Uninsured Patients Barnes Jewish Hospital has started charging co-pays to uninsured patients, no matter how poor.
- Illinois Adds Health Care Benefits to Gay Marriage Green Light Illinois' health insurance marketplace is now allowing gay and lesbian couples to enroll for private coverage.
- Wagner Calls for Resignation of VA Secretary Wagner said that Secretary Shinseki has failed to fulfill his mission at the VA.