I arrived at the Gateway Tower, took the elevator up to the third floor as instructed, and entered the KMOX sports office. There’s one person in there.
It’s one of the most treasured pieces of audio at KMOX.
Buck and Kile Remembered
When Robert Hyland created the first full time talk radio format in all of broadcasting, Jack played a major role. It was his idea to call it “At Your Service” and Jack hosted the first program.
Jack’s ability as a play-by-play announcer was well known all over the country, but one of his greatest talents was his ability to make people laugh.
Among various topics, holidays and historical events came up in Jack’s poetry. Here are samples of poems Jack wrote about the 4th of July, Memorial Day, September 11th and D-Day.
Over the years on KMOX, Jack did thousands of interviews. One of the most entertaining was this one with a brash, young boxer then named Cassius Clay.
Though Jack wrote poems about a variety of topics, baseball wasn’t excluded from his works. The following are some poems Jack wrote about the game.
Jack wrote poems on a number of subjects. Here he writes about the dentist, music and the opera.
A 13-year-old boy named Lance Holzhauser, who struggled with cystic fibrosis, was in the broadcast booth when something magical happened.
For almost five decades Jack Buck was the voice of the Cardinals in the KMOX radio booth. Here we take a look back at some of our favorite moments from his career.
A public memorial service was held for Jack Buck at Busch Stadium on June 20, 2002.
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA Chelsea vs Manchester City...
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove
- Ill. House Approves Concealed Carry Bill Opposed by Gov. Quinn cbsloc.al/133EiLk 1 hour ago
- A judge has ordered more monitoring of the Cowboys player facing charges in the death of Jerry Brown Jr. of St. Louis cbsloc.al/16TCZ79 1 hour ago
- A new study finds all but two states posted a significant drop in teen births between 2007 and 2011 cbsloc.al/16Tzj5n 1 hour ago
- RT @brettblumekmox: Police on lookout for 34-year-old Excedrin Collins in St. Louis or East St. Louis area. Reward offered, considered arme… 3 hours ago