Health Topic Center
CBS St. Louis Health News
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
- Enterovirus Cases Falling, but Number of Children Infected Still Large Local hospitals continue to see dozens of children being treated for the severe respiratory illness hitting the Midwest hard. At St. Louis Children's Hospital, the numbers are falling - but they're still huge.
- What to Look For in Detecting Serious Respiratory Illness A nasty cold-type virus is hitting children hard in several midwestern states, including Missouri, where state health officials have confirmed three local cases.
- West Nile Virus Reported in St. Louis County A 59-year-old man from St. Louis County has been hospitalized with West Nile virus in the area's first case of 2014.
- Thyroid, Kidney Cancers Up in Kids But Still Rare Children's kidney and thyroid cancers have increased in recent years, and though the diseases are rare, experts wonder if the rising rates could be related to obesity.
- Report: Missouri Ahead of Illinois in Reducing Child Obesity Numbers Missouri is doing a better job than Illinois when it comes to tackling obesity in kids, according to a new report.
- Expert: Is a Low-Carb Diet Better Than a Low-Fat Diet? A new study finds the best diet for weight loss and heart health may be a low-carb diet.
- Health Officials Say Respiratory Virus is Hitting Kids in Both St. Louis, Kansas City Areas The Missouri Health Department is issuing a warning about a respiratory illness that is hitting kids on both sides of the state.
- Missouri Seeks to Get More Local Food into Schools Missouri is offering grants to help get more locally produced food into school meals and snacks.
- Long Delays in Missouri's Medicaid Program Missourians trying to use a call center to sign up for the state's Medicaid program are running into long delays, prompting nearly half of them to hang up before they get help.