Monday Morning Quarterback Wild-Card Weekend
Houston TexansCincinnati Bengals
The Texans got themselves a victory and advance to the divisional playoffs at New England. That’s the good news for quarterback Matt Schaub. He had decent numbers in the victory, completing 29-of-38 passes for 262 yards.
Despite moving on to the next round, Schaub looked unsure and indecisive throughout much of the games. His first half interception was returned for a touchdown by Cincinnati’s Leon Hall. Andy Dalton had a chance to take advantage of Houston’s secondary, but he was not sharp with his passes.
Green Bay PackersMinnesota Vikings
It was not a stellar game for Aaron Rodgers by any means, but he did what was necessary to get Green Bay the win. Rodgers was in charge throughout and completed 23-of-33 passes for 274 yards with a touchdown. He did not throw an interception.
Christian Ponder’s bursitis prevented him from playing and the Vikings were forced to turn the game over to backup Joe Webb. It was a disaster as Webb completed 11-of-30 passes for 180 yards and was simply in way over his head.
Baltimore RavensIndianapolis Colts
The Ravens struggled badly in the season’s final weeks, but they played with purpose against the Colts. That includes quarterback Joe Flacco, who threw for 282 yards and had two TDs and did not throw an interception. He was not careless with the ball and seemed to get better as the game progressed.
Rookie Andrew Luck had chances to get the Colts back in the game, but their drives stalled and they were forced to settle for field goals against the Ravens defense. Luck completed 28-of-54 passes for 288 yards with an interception and you never got the feeling that he had figured out the Baltimore defense.
Seattle SeahawksWashington Redskins
Russell Wilson continues to play like a savvy, experienced quarterback. While the Seahawks quickly fell behind 14-0, there was not an iota of panic in his game. Wilson completed 15-of-26 passes for 187 yards with a touchdown and he also ran for 67 yards. Wilson led the Seahawks to their first road playoff victory since the 1983 season.
RGIII has not been the same quarterback since suffering a knee injury vs. Baltimore in Week 14. He took another blow to his knee early in the game and he had none of the explosiveness with the ball that made him such a threat earlier in the season. RGIII threw for 84 yards in the game and ran for 21 yards. He was ultimately replace by Kirk Cousins, but it was too little, too late.
- American Legion Memorial... Chelsea vs Manchester City Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA
- Chelsea vs Manchester City... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma...
- Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013
- Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To...
- Pick-a-Side: Which Is Your Favorite Fun In The Sun Activity? cbsloc.al/153cW9E 1 hour ago
- Missouri Motorcycle Riders Had Good Legislative Year >> cbsloc.al/11ekXnK 3 hours ago
- After a short weather delay, organizers say Bluesweek has resumed in downtown St. Louis. #Bluesweek 3 hours ago
- The Bluesweek Festival in downtown St. Louis is temporary suspended, due to rain and lightning. 4 hours ago