Scott Mosby is known for his candor and plain spoken explanations in building methods and technology and brought him into his role as public speaker, construction industry trainer and radio personality. Scott’s industry activism and his sense of purpose delivers a message promoting mobility and comfort in our homes, energy conservation for our national security, and sustainable building methods for health and comfort. Scott is President of Mosby Building Arts, Ltd., a residential architecture, remodeling and consulting firm founded by his father, Sam Mosby, in 1947.
Scott’s career spans over 35 years with positions as carpenter, job-site foreman, superintendent, Master Builder, building designer, and radio show host. Scott describes himself as life long student and has earned industry certifications including CGR, CAPS, CGB, Shell Specialist, Systems Specialist, Building Analyst, and an under graduate degree in business.
After his college years Scott was convinced that a better, more inclusive method of planning, designing, and remodeling homes was essential for consumers to benefit from the value within their homes. Scott’s company, Mosby Building Arts reflects his vision and purpose, and his company consistently ranks as an industry leader. Scott’s daily responsibilities include leading a full-service team of Licensed Architects, Certified Designers, and Master Carpenters that annually completes over 300 projects and 500 consulting visits.
Mosby Building Arts is recognized as a Top 20 Remodeling Firm by Pro Remodeler magazine in 2007, and was selected to Remodeling Magazine’s Big 50 list of the nation’s top remodeling firms since 1995. The firm is often recognized with local and national awards for design, work quality and construction methods.
Scott and his wife, Judy, live with their two sons in Glendale. Activities include water & snow sports, tennis, golf, white-water kayaking, reading and family time together.
● Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR), National Certification for Remodeling Knowledge
● Certified Aging In Place Specialist (CAPS), National Certification for Accessible Homes
● Certified Graduate Builder in Remodeling (CGB), National Certification from NAHB
● Certified Green Building Professional, National Certification from Green Builders Council
● Energy Star Certified, USA Dept. of Natural Resources, Shell Specialist & Systems Specialist
● Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Real Estate Appraisal from University of MO, Columbia
● Co-founder of the Green Builders Council in St. Louis, 1996
● Served on Board of Directors for the following:
- Home Builders Association of Greater St. Louis (HBA)
- Rebuilding Together, formerly Christmas in April
- Remodelers Council, HBA
- Environmental Affairs Committee
● Membership Organizations
- MABOI, Missouri Association of Building Officials & Inspectors
- NAHB, National Association of Home Builders
- NARI, National Association for the Remodeling Industry
- RCGA, Regional Commerce & Growth Assoc. of St. Louis
- BBB of St. Louis, Better Business Bureau
During the show, Scott answered your questions about plumbing in the bathroom, mineral build-up, and thermal window recommendations.
Scott Mosby takes your home improvement questions in hour one of the home improvement show. Scott Mosby takes your home improvement questions in hour one of the home improvement show.
Scott Mosby takes your calls on anything in the world of home improvement. Hour 1 Hour 2 Hour 3
Scott Mosby takes your calls and answers your questions in hour one of the Mosby Building Arts Home Improvement Show. Scott Mosby takes your calls and answers your questions in hour tw0 of the Mosby [...]
Scott takes your calls on painting, window sealing, and more in hour one. Scott takes calls on storm windows and more in hour two. Hour three, Scott talks about leaking basements and older home repair.