The legislation redirects casino fees to a trust fund for the Missouri Veterans’ Commission.
A measure to allow five new casinos, allow more slot machines at existing casinos and put slots at racetracks in Illinois is going to pass.
Committee members endorsed the bill by a 13-1 vote
Five cities would get a new casino under the legislation and there’s a provision for slot machines at horse tracks.
Republican St. Joseph Senator Rob Schaaf introduced the bill.
The governor says he sticks by his framework for a scaled-down gambling expansion plan that calls for five new casinos, but does not allow slot machines at race tracks.
Gov. Pat Quinn has spent a lot of time criticizing the idea of slot machines at race tracks, a key component of both last spring’s bill and the one which failed Wednesday night.
Chief says it’s criminals taking stupid chances
Some in the agriculture industry are urging pat Quinn to sign it as-is.
Gov. Quinn explains what he’ll sign and what he’ll veto.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- Is this a good idea? cbsloc.al/13F5dvR Metro Considers E-Cig Ban On Buses & Trains #stl 27 minutes ago
- RT @MosbyBldgArts: @scottmosby just finished a talk with @kmoxnews about tornado safety & safe rooms. Link to on-air audio: http://t.co/2Qk… 1 hour ago
- The St. Louis area is in the midst of a seasonal outbreak of pink eye cbsloc.al/10M5I9Q 1 hour ago
- How You Can Help Recovery Efforts in Oklahoma cbsloc.al/10M1VZX 2 hours ago