Bernard Cherkasov says Kirk is influential among moderate Republicans, but it’s his argument itself that’s compelling.
Bernard Cherkasov, chief executive of the gay-rights group Equality Illinois, says the election results showed same-sex marriage winning in four states.
Civil unions are supposed to give couples the same rights under law as marriage, but ” those rights are often denied.”
The federal Defense of Marriage Act, which defines marriage as between one man and one woman, some federal benefits aren’t afforded.
“We prayed about it, talked about it. Sometimes you have to take a stand, and sometimes (it’s) hard,” said Mark Zartman, 51.
1,618 civil union licenses were issued across the state in June – the first month civil unions became available to Illinois couples.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night
- Is this a good idea? cbsloc.al/13F5dvR Metro Considers E-Cig Ban On Buses & Trains #stl 1 hour ago
- RT @MosbyBldgArts: @scottmosby just finished a talk with @kmoxnews about tornado safety & safe rooms. Link to on-air audio: http://t.co/2Qk… 2 hours ago
- The St. Louis area is in the midst of a seasonal outbreak of pink eye cbsloc.al/10M5I9Q 2 hours ago
- How You Can Help Recovery Efforts in Oklahoma cbsloc.al/10M1VZX 2 hours ago