Illinois Department of Employment Security
East St. Louis had the highest unemployment rate, 16.6 percent, up from 15.8 percent in February of 2012.
The jobless rate dropped or was flat in five areas, including Illinois’ St. Louis suburbs.
The seven offices shutting down are in Centralia, DeKalb, East St. Louis, Galesburg, Jacksonville, Mattoon and Murphysboro.
Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) ends on December 29 for all American, and for Illinois that means nearly 100,000 people will be left without benefits.
This is progress, says Greg Rivara of the Illinois Department of Employment Security.
In July, the number of unemployed Illinoisans rose 15,100, to 587,200.
Illinois looks for inmates collecting unemployment .
Since the recovery began, Illinois has added 140,700 corporate-sector jobs.
June unemployment figures show improvement in monthly rate, but job losses overall.
- Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Hazardous Household Waste... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Andy Cohen At Busch
- Shelby's Big Night Bravo's Andy Cohen Featured... One World Trade Center Fast Food Strike in St. Louis
- VIDEO: Deadly Tornadoes Left Earth ‘Scoured’: cbsloc.al/14K37NH 26 minutes ago
- I-70 just west of Vandalia, #IL now open after this morning's accident that left 5 dead. cbsloc.al/115INIf 38 minutes ago
- Furloughs To Hit More Than 6,000 Military Workers cbsloc.al/18cPloE 44 minutes ago
- Reality Star Paul Teutul Sr. In #STL To Unveil ‘Black Flag’ Chopper cbsloc.al/10Qxz5n 1 hour ago