the body was discovered around 8 a.m. Wednesday outside of a first-floor room at the Best Way Inn, just a few blocks from the Mark Twain historic sites.
In death, his fans are supplying the smokes and booze.
The sleepy river town of Hannibal, lies just two hours up the scenic River Road from St. Louis but a world apart from the bustling city. Hannibal offers city slickers a chance to relish the past, not just the rich literary past of Mark Twain, Missouri’s most famous curmudgeon, or even the fictional histories of his characters. Hannibal also invites visitors to remember a time when the family vacation was a long drive in the family car to a quiet town, and this little trip includes historic homes, caves and riverboats.
The bill calls for the U.S. Mint to produce limited editions of $1 and $5 commemorative gold coins honoring Twain.
“The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.” What else have history’s most-quoted people had to say about taxes?
Members of the state chapter of the National Organization for Women delivered 504 rolls of toilet paper to the office of the Speaker of the House Monday as a part of their “Flush Rush” campaign
A first-day-of-issue ceremony is Saturday in Hannibal.
High bacteria levels and flooding continue to keep the beaches closed.
Jon Jerome of Operation Homefront Missouri filled us in on our efforts to help those at Fort Leonard Wood who lost their belongings in the tornado last Friday. Lt. Greg SMock, Bethalto Assistant Police Chief spoke with us about the department’s plans as the Westboro Baptist Church protestors show up at Lance Corporal Kenny Corzine’s funeral today.
- John O'Hurley in the KMOX... World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
- Ballpark Village Update Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Jefferson Jackson Dinner End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens...
- Parents wanting to transfer their children out of failing school districts should act by Aug. 1 cbsloc.al/13Ty0zN #MO 43 minutes ago
- St. Louis High School Senior Receives Top Honor cbsloc.al/16hxWdp @LadueSchools http://t.co/0PCopvcfWB 45 minutes ago
- 2 Men Indicted in St. Clair County Drug Scandal cbsloc.al/143SzYI #IL 1 hour ago
- Pevely Woman Wins $1 Million Powerball Prize cbsloc.al/11MGJzz @MissouriLottery 1 hour ago