Mid-America Business Conditions Index remained below growth neutral for a second month.
A quarter of the managers surveyed say the biggest hurdle in the next year is implementation of health care reform.
Economist Ernie Goss says even though the May numbers are positive, the region’s economic growth will slow in the months ahead.
Creighton University economist Ernie Goss says heavy manufacturing continues to be propel economic growth, with export-oriented manufacturers leading the way.
Business conditions in nine Midwestern and Plains states suggest a slowdown in growth.
Higher energy prices and supply problems stemming from the Japanese tsunami and Midwest and Plains flooding have slowed economic growth.
An economic development conference draws advice for the city from around the Midwest.
Exports are making “a significant contribution to growth.”
…slipped slightly but still points to growth over the next few months.
- Soccer Match Pep Rally at... Practice Round at Senior PGA Chelsea vs Manchester City... Namaste: Yoga Poses For...
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Tornado Rips Through Oklahoma... Circus Flora Tent Arrives in... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Local Artists Find Success on... Annie Malone Parade 2013 Landmarks Association Unveils... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Ballpark Village Starting To... 2013 Tour de Grove Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- RT @michaelcalhoun: These two guys have unsuccessfully tried in at least a half dozen sections to start the wave. #socceratbusch http://t.c… 7 hours ago
- RT @Ackerman1120: This crowd, by the way, isn't leaving downtown. No, sir. Lots of fans outside the stadium. 8 hours ago
- RT @TanyaLou86: #MCFC stages an incredible comeback coming from behind to beat #CFCUSA 4-3! Catch up on all the action here: http://t.co/yh… 8 hours ago
- RT @MCFC: FULL TIME: City stage an incredible comeback here in St Louis, coming from 3-0 behind to beat Chelsea 4-3! #cityontour #mcfc 9 hours ago