As many of you saw, the San Francisco 49ers tied the St. Louis Rams this weekend, which was awful because ties are boring and stupid. After all that buildup, all we got was the blandest outcome imaginable. Kind of like getting a necktie as a holiday present. So what’s the bigger letdown, a tie, or a tie?
Tale of the tape
Tale Of The Tape: Football Tie Vs. Necktie As A Holiday Gift
|WOOOOO!||HIGHLY ANTICIPATED BUILDUP?||OH YEAH!|
|...aww||IMMEDIATE REACTION AFTER SEING IT'S A TIE?||...oh|
|Potentially, if your team wins. Heck, even a loss would be a resolution.||WERE YOU EXPECTING SOMETHING AWESOME?||Not after 20, but, like, give me a book or something!|
|"I got drunk for nothing!"||ANGRY THOUGHT A FEW MINUTES LATER?||"I guess I'll wear this at work, which is a place I love going to all the time."|
|"Europeans love soccer, and they tie all the time!"||SLAPDASH ENCOURAGEMENT FROM OTHERS?||"Europeans love ties! They wear them all the time!"|
|Pfft. Yes.||RELATED TO ALEX SMITH'S CONCUSSION?||Wh-...no...?|
We'll just call it a tie
More Tales of the tape
NCAA Championship Game: #1 Louisville Vs. #4 Michigan
Rick Pitino has been here before, after making his 7th Final Four appearance, he’s now in his third go-round in the title game. He’s got plenty of experience on the big stage and he has the Cardinals playing high level basketball at the right time.
Super Bowl Halftime Show Vs. Neil Diamond: Who Takes The Trophy For Better Entertainment?
For years, both Neil Diamond and the Super Bowl Halftime show have been giving us, let’s say, mild overproduction (read: glitzy, flashy, and potentially unnecessary). So who’s got the edge between these two cheesy industry mainstays?
Harbaughs Vs. Baldwins: Which Pair Of Siblings Stand Out?
Harbaughs vs. Baldwins? Wow. What a battle! Let’s dig deep to see which pair of brothers has the upper hand.
- Busch Stadium Transforming... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 2013 Tour de Grove Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Andy Cohen At Busch Shelby's Big Night Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Pittsburgh vs. St. Louis Chicago vs. St. Louis Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,...
- NBA Team Recap – April 15,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Musial Night At Busch NBA Cheerleaders – April 12,...
St. Louis Stadium Guides
- Busch Stadium The stadium has a seating capacity for more than 46,000 fans per game and features an open-air design.
- Edward Jones Dome The Edward Jones Dome hosts NFL games, auto shows, racing events, conventions, exhibitions and touring acts.
- Scottrade Center The Scottrade Center houses the St. Louis Blues, as well as traveling ice shows, concerts and sporting events.