Tale of the tape
Week 4: St. Louis Rams Vs. Seattle Seahawks
|The Rams are content to let Sam Bradford take care of business for them. While he does not have the biggest arm, he is an accurate passer who reads defenses well. Getting back home after a tough road game in Chicago should suit him.||Quarterback||The Seahawks were the beneficiaries of the replacement referees’ incompetence in coming away with a Week Three victory over the Green Bay Packers. However, rookie quarterback Russell Wilson did just what he was supposed to do on the big stage in giving his team a chance to win. Wilson has winning characteristics – arm strength, guts, athleticism -- and he is not intimidated by the big stage.|
|The Rams need to have a healthy Steven Jackson in the lineup if they are going to compete this year. Jackson (groin) had just 11 carries vs. Chicago and his status vs. the Seahawks has not been determined. Danny Amendola may be undersized at 5-11 and 188, but he is their go-to guy.||Offense||The Seahawks have a solid running back in Marshawn Lynch and he’s got the power to run inside and the quickness to get to the outside. While Golden Tate got away with a shove off on the final play against Green Bay and was credited with the game-winning TD catch, Sidney Rice is the Seahawks’ most dangerous receiver.|
|Head coach Jeff Fisher may not make the Rams a competitive team in the NFC West this year, but he knows how to get a defense to play well. The Rams held Jay Cutler and the Bears’ passing game in check. Linebacker James Laurinaitis (11 tackles vs. Chicago) and defensive end Chris Long are both impact players.||Defense||The Seahawks often have a hard time playing with emotion when they go on the road. They registered eight sacks of Aaron Rodgers at home, but will they be able to muster that same emotion on the road? Defensive end Chris Clemons had 4.0 of those sacks and is capable of dominating in every game.|
|The Rams are pleased with rookie placekicker Greg Zuerlein so far in his rookie season. Not only did he make a 56-yard field goal against the Chicago Bears, he is 8-of-8 on FG attempts this year. Punter Johnny Hekker is averaging 48.8 yards per punt.||Special Teams||The Seahawks are not going to make a big play on special teams every game, but they certainly have that capability. Leon Washington is a solid pro returning kickoffs and punts. He has the speed, instincts and experience to take advantage of any lapse by opposing coverage teams.|
The winner is
More Tales of the tape
NCAA Championship Game: #1 Louisville Vs. #4 Michigan
Rick Pitino has been here before, after making his 7th Final Four appearance, he’s now in his third go-round in the title game. He’s got plenty of experience on the big stage and he has the Cardinals playing high level basketball at the right time.
Super Bowl Halftime Show Vs. Neil Diamond: Who Takes The Trophy For Better Entertainment?
For years, both Neil Diamond and the Super Bowl Halftime show have been giving us, let’s say, mild overproduction (read: glitzy, flashy, and potentially unnecessary). So who’s got the edge between these two cheesy industry mainstays?
Harbaughs Vs. Baldwins: Which Pair Of Siblings Stand Out?
Harbaughs vs. Baldwins? Wow. What a battle! Let’s dig deep to see which pair of brothers has the upper hand.
- John O'Hurley in the KMOX... World's Largest Swimming... Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Flash Flooding in St. Louis
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 15th Annual Komen Race For... Jim Gaffigan Joins Charlie... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
- Ballpark Village Update Best of Uncorked 2013 Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Jefferson Jackson Dinner End Sexual Violence National Doughnut Day Newest Zoo Addition Opens...
- Express Scripts to expand, add jobs stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/06/19/exp… 8 hours ago
- Keep your #smartphone safe during #summer bike trips with this bike pouch phone case cover: cbsloc.al/13Yaznj 9 hours ago
- St. Clair County Clerk Bob Delaney Resigns Amid Sexual Harassment Claims cbsloc.al/11orCRh #IL @caroldanielKMOX 10 hours ago
- Parents wanting to transfer their children out of failing school districts should act by Aug. 1 cbsloc.al/13Ty0zN #MO 11 hours ago